Forums

TopicUnlocking the Dis-Ease of Dementia - 3 Keys

• Thu 14th Jun 2018 - 6:19am

The creation of an antithetical condition strong enough Optimind Review to compel transformation is synonymous with risk-taking. The clinician presents an intervention that runs the risk of failure. The subject is also asked to take a risk as there is a departure from the status quo. However, without risk transformation will not occur. Without risk there will be no therapy.

As I watched the 2010 Winter Olympics I could not help but relate my thoughts to the risks taken by these masterful international athletes. More so than their Summer Olympic counterparts, winter sports are inherently more risky when you consider the ubiquitous presence of slippery snow and ice. The resulting uncertainty that this causes means that they performed in an environment where their level of control was always in question. Yet, here is where the beauty of their risk-taking comes in.

The common characteristic of these champion athletes has always been their ability to ride the boundary between maintaining and losing control. Yes, they push the limits. When exceeded they experience agony; when they succeed they win medals. I remember an interview with the woman who won the Gold medal in the mogul skiing event. She told the reporter that she mentally blocked out fear and risk as she single-mindedly focused on her goal. Unfortunately, as clinicians, ethical and legal boundaries prevent us from following suit. Nevertheless, the lesson here is that a willingness to embrace new methodologies and to compassionately apply them to therapy is vital to achieving progress both in the development of our fields and in the pursuit of success with individuals.

http://healthreviewfactory.com/optimind-review/

Please register or login to post forum replies