TopicEver Wonder What's Your Destiny? Learn To Beat Challenges In Life Now And Meet Your Destiny
The exchange of support in a healthy friendship should lead to personal growth, not emotional Magnetic Laundry System dependency. Supporting a friend means giving them a hand up, not a hand out. A good friend will appreciate your kind and generous efforts, not take advantage of them and become dependent on you. A good friend respects you-doesn't want to be a burden on you.
Why do you allow yourself to remain in an unhealthy friendship? Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you need or like to feel needed?
2. Do you see yourself as the glue that holds people together?
3. Is a needy friend better than no friend at all?
4. Is your friend occasionally fun to be around so you justify he or she being a downer the other 90% of the time?
5. Do you see other people's problems as more important than your own?
6. Do you take on other people's problems to keep the focus off your own?
7. Do you feel unworthy of healthy relationships?
8. Do you feel guilty when you say no?
9. Do you have trouble defining and protecting your personal boundaries?