Forums

TopicWho Is My Father?

• Sat 12th Jan 2019 - 4:36am

"Nothing alive is Fatherless, for life is creation.7 Minute Mindfulness  Therefore, your decision is always an answer to the question, 'Who is my father?' And you will be faithful to the father you choose." Even though fathers are participating in child-rearing more than ever, there is still a profound scarcity of nurturing, responsible fathers to be found in American society these days.

So many people yearn for a father-figure, a protective daddy to show them the ropes, to role model honor, to teach them courage, and kindness, to risk a little adventure. The above quote, from A Course in Miracles, offers us a solution. As always, the solution reminds us that though we seem to be in this world, we are not of it, and the answer lies in recognizing that fact.

Not long ago, while at the Heart Rhythm Meditation retreat I've attended for the past five years, we were working on the forward dimension of the heart. According to my teachers, Puran and Susanna Bair, energetically the heart has four dimensions.

The forward dimension is also called "the driving heart" because it has the qualities of courage, leadership, generosity, and a sense of purpose. But when the forward dimension is distorted, we can "confuse high-speed activity with progress" and "intensity with importance."

The forward dimension of the heart also contains the back of the heart-the tender spot between our shoulder blades. This is where we may feel burdened by our dysfunctional family history, or perhaps supported by our ancestors, or uplifted by Spirit breathing Its message into us from behind, like the wind at our back.

https://spontaneousreview.com/7-minute-mindfulness-review/

Please register or login to post forum replies